Sunday 17 April 2011

Day 1

Before I start my blog, I should give you, my readers, some background information on why I have decided to take this trip. To sum up, I want to immerse myself in a completely foreign culture and fully experience the Hindu religion that I admire.

A long 15 hour flight later, I finally arrived at Delhi airport. Instantly I was struck by the thick smog and humidity. From there I cabbed to my modest flat on Pedder Road, right in the heart of Mumbai. Eager to hit the shops, I dropped my suitcase and set out for the streets. I was drawn to a sari shop, where I purchased a beautiful emerald green one, and a more casual violet one for the days. This will be my uniform for the next month. On my walk home I spotted a beautiful Vishnu idol which I purchased as well. He is preserver of the universe, a loving and forgiving figure who brings salvation. I think about Vishnu when I meditate, as he speaks to me, especially on this trip of spiritual salvation. I’ll get back to you with more real news soon. Goodnight from Mumbai 


 My new friends at the sari shop

Vishnu 

No comments:

Post a Comment